Headquartered in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, Novel Patent Services Pvt. Ltd. (ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 27001:2013 certified company) is an exclusive Intellectual Property Services group with wide array of expertise in Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Industrial Designs and many IPR related services. Novel Patent Services Pvt. Ltd. started its operation in 2010 with a very firm focus in providing end-to-end IP Protection and follows strict delivery practices that are consistent and are above defined quality standards.
Till date we virtually served Bhubaneswar and many parts of Odisha and now Novel Patent Services Pvt. Ltd. proudly announces the establishment of its wings in Bhubaneswar, Odisha in order to address the needs of each and every client related to Intellectual property rights (Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks and Industrial Designs).
Novel Patent Services Pvt. Ltd. earnestly believes that success comes only when one has a long-term perspective and this is why we concentrate on building long-term relationships through high level of client orientation.
Our Areas of Expertise include:
- Novel Patent Services has a legacy of over ten years in IP Research & Support Services and serves some of the leading International Corporates in IP related matters.
- Assurance of world-class quality services with a set of highly qualified and experienced professionals that embody amongst the best legal, engineering and technology talent.
- Our multi-disciplinary team is composed of patent agents, patent attorneys, inventors, trademark attorneys and agents with highly qualified backgrounds.
- We enable the firm to provide the complete spectrum of services starting from Market/Technology Research to Licensing/Commercialization to Litigation Support.
- We offer solutions that are coalescence of technical expertness and legal know how at affordable costs with premium quality within stipulated time.
- We offer customized patent support services that translate inventions into high quality enforceable patents.
- We are expertise in offering business solutions for our clients to address the key intellectual property management.
- We improve the strength of your Invention through expertise guidance in IP related matters.
How can I protect my idea through IP (Intellectual Property)?
It all depends on your idea. Protection falls into four basic categories: Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Industrial Designs.
What form of IP (Intellectual Property) can be used to protect my Invention or Idea?
Every invention or idea generally starts out as an inventor’s trade secret. Before inventors market their inventions, they need to secure one or more of the other forms of intellectual property protection – Patents, Trademarks and/or Copyrights.
What should be protected first in IP (Intellectual Property)?
- We advise you to protect based on the stage of your innovation or research. We are experts in designing right Intellectual Property strategy by integrating it with your business strategy.
- Trade Secrets and Patents go hand in hand in overall scenario though it varies from case to case.
Strategy to file your Patent & Trademark Applications Internationally?
Mode of filing a patent internationally: As it stands, there is no unitary worldwide patent and the applicant has to file in respective jurisdictions or countries separately in one of the following routes:
- Paris Convention: Direct filing in another country is facilitated through Paris Convention for all members of the convention which includes India and all major countries. However, the filing through Paris convention has to be done within 12 months from priority date. Such patent filing procedures are called as Conventional Filing.
- Patent Cooperation Treaty System: In short this is called as PCT or WIPO application. This route gives an additional time of 18 months for filing an international patent application which is equal to 30 months from initial patent application.
- Normal Route to file International Trademark application: One can directly file a trademark application in the jurisdiction of interest with or without taking priority of domestic mark.
- Madrid Protocol: For international registration of trademark optional route which can be used is Madrid Protocol which acts as a vehicle to enable registration in multiple countries taking priority of one of the countries. Please note that not all countries are members of Madrid Protocol and allow filing through this system.
Restrictions in filing outside India for Indian residents:
- If an application is filed in India, then there is a mandatory waiting period for at least 6 weeks before filing outside India, else a request for Foreign filing permit at the patent office must be submitted and only after getting the permit can the filing be done outside India.
- If the applicant wants to file directly outside India, without filing in India first, then again, a request for Foreign filing permit or permission is applied to patent office and after getting the permission, the filing be done outside India.
A patent is an intellectual property with a set of exclusive rights granted by the Government to an inventor or an assignee for his novelty or non-obviousness invention for a limited period of time in exchange for public disclosure of the invention to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, or selling the invention.
Do you want to file/apply for a Patent then you are at right place to know about it
In Novel Patent Services Patent Filing/Registration is done in 3 easy Steps
- Patent Search
- Patent Drafting
- Patent Filing
- For most of the inventors a patent search should be the primary step in patent application or filing process.
- A patent search determines whether the time and expense for proceeding with a patent application is a worthwhile endeavor.
- Novel Patent Services are Experts in Patent Search Services. We serve many International companies and their R&D teams in various kinds of patent search services.
- We equip these Patent Searches by utilizing updated databases in regards to brief description of your concept/idea/invention.
- We do more than 1000 Patentability Searches in a year.
- In depth analysis of the reports and chances of improving patentability or getting a patent is provided on need basis for minimal extra costs
- Drafting is an essential part of every patent application as it describes each and every aspect of the invention with detailed specifications and patent drawings.
- Balancing the claims with all legal aspects so that one should not be able to infringe the patent.
- Novel Patent Services are proficient in the process of drafting your application and this proficiency helps you in getting a grant of your patent application.
- In India, Patent Filing requires proper documents and filing of patent application is relatively cumbersome, with the right legal guidance it can be done easily.
- Novel Patent Services helps to file a Patent in a simplest way.
- Novel Patent Services helps you to file a patent within a stipulated time and with our experience in Filing of Patents we accept fast track process of patent applications.
- We also file International or PCT or Convention or National phase Patent Applications.
Why Novel Patent Services for Patents?
- We offer services that span the entire IP lifecycle – from research to renewal.
- We are having more than 15 years of experience in IP related matters.
- We cater to global clients that include MSME’s, Institutions, leading corporates, researchers, startups and many individuals.
- We include focused research throughout worldwide patent and non-patent literature information in more than 100 jurisdictions with state of the art searching techniques.
- We maximize the use of high-end technology to ensure data security and confidentiality and enable to deliver the highest levels of intellectual property representation.
- We deliver results in significantly shorter timelines.
- We have a unique flat-fee model to cater to the client’s budget. Our cost for Patent research is highly balanced, so as to maintain highest quality research.
To know more about our services related to Patent searches and Patent Prosecution, please visit Our Services Page.
Trademark (symbolizing a mark in trade) means a mark or a word capable of being represented graphically and which is capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one person from those of others and may include shape of goods, their packaging and combination of colors. Essentially it is anything which identifies a brand to a common consumer.
Do you want to file/apply for a Trademark for your company then you are at right place to know about it
In Novel Patent Services Patent Filing/Registration is done in 3 easy Steps
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration/Filing
- Post Filing Support
- Trademark Logo Design
- Trademark search is an essential requirement before Trademark Filing.
We provide best search procedure through updated database search from all registered, application stage and unregistered trademarks used by the business organizations.
- A registered trademark is legally enforceable and gives you exclusive rights to use commercially, license or sell, for the goods and services that it is registered for.
- We are highly skilled in trademark filing with a costless procedure which makes our clients free from long and complicated procedures.
- Novel Patent Services provides you right guidance with respect to selecting Trademarks and filing of trademarks
- Understanding of Trademark law and real time business scenarios we help in designing best IP or Trademark strategy
Post Filing Support:
- We also offer prosecution/litigation supports if there are any appeals, objections or oppositions that arise after the filing process.
We offer best solutions to address these services through our attorneys.
Trademark Logo Design:
- Logo design plays a crucial role in representing company’s image, recognition, trust, loyalty and thus helps to build up brand awareness.
- It is the graphical representation having different shape and size that makes a common person to identify regarding a particular organization.
We create logo designs with our Multi-dimensional Expertise that are unique and builds up your organization as a special firm in the business arena.
My Company Name is already registered under the Companies Act. Why should I go for trademark registration of my company name/trade name?
Registrations of Company Names, Business Names or Domain Names do not provide ownership or a monopoly right on a name as trademark registration. For more information please contact us.
Why Novel Patent Services for Trademarks?
- Our team of highly experienced trademark attorneys and agents at NPS provide value added trademark services to help clients maximize business value from their trademarks.
- We offer a wide range of trademark services from trademark clearance searching, to trademark protection, and brand management.
- Our attorneys are well versed in trademark processes and have helped clients acquire hundreds of trademark registrations in India, USA, and across the globe internationally.
- Our experience of handling trademark compliance audits, and licensing/franchising transactions enables us to offer unique, value added services to our clients.
- We strive to develop an in-depth understanding of each client’s business and to deliver services in the manner that best suits the needs of each individual client.
- We help individuals and enterprises determine the value of their intellectual property, and then assist in the development and implementation of a strategy to optimize and monetize those assets.
- We have the credit of helping companies build and manage trademark portfolios, which not only provide business and competitive advantage, but also assume high financial value.
Do you want to file/apply/register for Industrial Designs or Design Patent then you are at right place to know about it
- A Design refers to the features of shape, configuration, pattern, ornamentation or composition of lines or colors applied to any article, whether in two or three dimensional (or both) forms.
- This may be applied by any industrial process or means (manual, mechanical or chemical) separately or by a combined process, which in the finished article appeals to and judged solely by the eye.
- Design does not include any mode or principle of construction or anything which is a mere mechanical device. It also does not include any trade mark or any artistic work.
- A design registration is used to obtain protection for the features of shape, configuration, pattern or ornaments.
- The design may consist of three-dimensional features, such as shape or configuration of an article or of two-dimensional features, such as patterns or ornaments.
- The words “pattern” and “ornament” refers to something that is embossed, engraved or placed upon an article for the purpose of decoration.
Benefits of Design Registration:
- When a design is protected, the owner i.e. the person or entity that has registered the design is assured an exclusive right against unauthorized copying or imitation of the design by third parties.
- This helps to ensure that the design of the products is exclusive to the owner and the customer can at once identify the design of the product as that of the owner.
Term of Design Registration:
- Upon grant, design registration confers rights for a period of 15 years from the date of application.
- The registration is valid for an initial term of 10 years and can be renewed for another 5 years.
Do you want to file/ apply for a Copyright then you are right to place know about it
- Copyright is a legal term used to describe the rights that creators have over their original works of art, literature, books, music, films, cds and computer programs. There could be slight variations in the composition of the rights depending on the work.
What can you copyright?
- Under the Copyright Act, copyright protection is available for original work of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. To better understand what “works” are protected by copyrights this statement should be examined step-by-step.
- First, the work must be “original.” This means that the person claiming copyright protection must have created the work through the application of some independent intellectual or artistic effort.
- Second, the work must be “fixed in a tangible medium.” This means that the work must be embodied in a form that is sufficiently permanent or stable to permit it to be perceived, reproduced or otherwise communicated for a period of time.
What We Provide you?
- Novel Patent services Pvt. Ltd. is expert in aiding the clientele in carrying out the entire legal processes from filing the application till registering the copyright.
- We even provide our assistance in case of copyright violation and actions to be undertaken in such circumstances.
- You can depend upon our copyright services for fulfilling your copyright related requirements.
Copyright Application Filing?
- Upon filing an application for Copyright with complete details and copies, a filing number (dairy number), filing date and filing receipt is issued by the Copyright office.
- After receipt of dairy number, the author or the right owner has to wait for a mandatory period of 30 days.
- Examination: If no objection is filed the application is then formally examined and objections, if any, are raised, or any extra documents required are requested. Response to the objections or examinations report has to be filled in 30 days.
- Registration: Copyright registration certificate is register by the copyright office after the objection, if any, are overcome to the satisfaction of the Copyright office.
To gain more knowledge in IP related matters, Novel IPR Academy (A company of Novel Patent Services Pvt. Ltd.) is here to help you out in all IP related matters through IP Education via different Certified IPR courses.
To know more about it, please visit www.novelipracademy.org
India – Odisha Address
Novel Patent Services
#630, 6th Floor,
DLF Cybercity, Technology Corridor,
Chandaka Industrial Estate, Patia,
Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751024