Patents Services Demonstrate The Focus Of Organisations On Innovation
The state of the art is everything that has been made public either verbally or in writing prior to the application being filed. The aim of the novelty search is to ascertain this state of the art.
What is a Patent?
“Patents are documents issued by the federal government for a period of time. These documents grant the owner the right to exclude others from making, selling and using the invention as it has been described and claimed in the specification attached to the patent”.
Why one should go for a patent?
“To enjoy the exclusive rights over the invention one should go for a patent. If the inventor does not get the patent rights over his invention and introduce his product/process based on his invention in the market, anybody can copy his invention and exploits it commercially. In order to gain profit from his invention patent should be required”.
Which invention qualifies for the grant of a patent?
“A patent is granted only on that invention, which is new, non-obvious and has industrial applicability”.
What should a patent application generally consists?
- To be awarded a patent, you need to file an application.
- The application must include a description of the invention, including the best mode for practicing the invention and at least one claim.
- It must contain a drawing of the invention if a drawing would help in the understanding of the invention.
- After that patent application is filed, a patent examiner examines it.
How does a patent get expire?
A patent can expire in the following ways:
- The patent has lived its full term i.e. the term specified by the patent act of the country. Generally it is 20 years from the date of filing.
- The patentee has failed to pay the renewal fee. A patent once granted by the government has to be maintained by paying annual renewal fee.
- The validity of the patent has been successfully challenged by an opponent by filing an opposition either with the patent office or with the courts.
Why clients choose Novel Patent Services?
Novel Patent Services was founded in 2010 with the purpose of providing affordable protection to the intellectual property rights of independent inventors and small to Large-sized businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with high quality legal services at affordable rates by
- keeping our overhead low
- Utilizing the latest technology to manage our clients matters and
- working on flat-fees quoted in advance
- Free Initial Consultation: All clients receive a free initial consultation to discuss their invention and options.
- Electronic Document Management: Most documents are digitally saved; stored and accessed resulting in significant cost savings.
- Efficient Technology: Extensive usage of the latest technology reduces our time handling client matters.
- No Overstaffing: We ensure there are no unnecessary individuals working on your file.
- Flat-Fees: For most services, we provide our clients with a flat-fee quote in advance to avoid any unwelcome “surprises.”
- Prosecution and drawing experience: Since 2010, we have been preparing and prosecuting patent, copyrights and trademark applications. We have a dynamic team for illustrations.
- Patent Search experience: Novel Patent Services has an expert team in performing search services.
- Infringement experience: We have significant experience in litigating patent, copyright and trademark infringement cases for both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Representation Worldwide: By efficiently using modern technology, we are able to easily represent clients across the United States and internationally.
- Registered Professionals: We use only patent attorneys who are registered with the Patent Office.
- Specialized in Patent Law: Novel Patent Services focuses on patent counseling, patent preparation, patent prosecution and patent licensing.
- Direct Communication: Every client communicates directly with a patent attorney or patent agent without interference of a third-party or paralegal.
- Responsive: We pride ourselves on promptly responding to client inquiries whether via telephone, fax, letter or e-mail.
- Empowerment: We empower our clients with the information they need to succeed and make important decisions.
- Independent Inventors & Entrepreneurs: We understand the special needs of independent inventors and entrepreneurs.
- Small to Large Businesses: We focus our practice on helping small to mid-sized businesses which have different goals from large corporations.
- Documents Filed Electronically: All documents are filed electronically with the Patent Office to ensure timely filings.
- E-Communications to Clients: We communicate with our clients via e-mail so they receive our communications and documents fast.
- Online Forms: Efficient online forms are used with most service requests so you don’t have to mail anything to our office.
Does Novel Patent Services provide Client Login?
“Novel Patent Services support group is dedicated to providing 24/7 support to our clients. By accessing the Online Portal via our website you can retrieve up-to-date information about the status of your application. Our services are supported by different modules of our Online Portal, which offer registered clients dependable online support 24/7.”
What operations can clients perform within Novel Patent Services Online Portfolio Portal?
Customers using the Patent module of our Online Portfolio Portal can:
- Retrieve up to date information about the status
- Enter renewal instructions
- Generate reports using various search criteria
- Generate yearly overviews with cost estimate for budgeting purposes
- Download receipts
- Get an invoice overview for the past period.
What Services does Novel Patent Service provide to MNC?
“We offer support services for all IP related tasks, which include protection, research and commercialization. Typical we work with MNC as a major IP support partner and provide dedicated support for various processes. Our staff is trained to handle client specific tasks by understanding processes within the MNC. To enable a smooth work flow, we use different software tools .These tools include report generation, docketing and tracking, and work order management with relevant cost details.”
“Our cost-saving model enables our clients to access our partners at significantly lower rates, which enables multiple filings and prosecution support at significantly discounted rates. Moreover, we do not charge any hourly consulting fee for answering queries through email or telephone. Our transparent processes are easy to manage by MNC since there are no hidden costs”
Why do we need to do Patent Search?
- Helps to decide whether application should be filed or not
- Help to improve the defensibility of future patents.
- Help to determine whether your invention has already been patented
- Helps to determine the novelty of the invention
Why thorough search is essential?
- Patent Examiner may not be able to find all prior art and you actually receives the patent
- Patent may infringe another earlier granted patents
- This patent may not be invalidated by your competitor
So a thorough search is essential before applying for a patent. Novel Patent Services are expertise in search process.
What procedure does Novel patent Services follow for the patent Search?
- Studying the patent application
- Classify the patent application
- Define a search strategy
- Implementation of the search strategy
- Detailed evaluation of the documents found
- Substantive examination of the application
- Writing and issuing the Search Report
What type of databases do we us for patent services?
As a firm that aims to support the client in strategizing their R&D activities we provide solutions that are knowledge centric. We understand the risks and opportunities that are thrown open by change. In this continuous process of mitigation Novel Patent Services has access to many prominent patent and non-patent databases such as Micro patent, Delphion, Aureka, Thompson Innovation, STN, Pubmed, IEEE, REGISTRY, CAPlus, DGene, Springer Link, Elsevier, High Wire Press, etc.
How Does Novel Patent Services benefit Law Firms?
“Law Firms generally look for search services and illustration services. Novel patent services has an expert team for performing different search services based on client’s needs. We have a separate well experienced team for illustrations. Novel Patent Services gives law firms an IP practice management solution for today and the future, with an immediate benefit in higher productivity, lower risk and improved client satisfaction, plus new capabilities to differentiate and grow the practice over time.”
HIG-421, Mansita, Above Punjab National Bank, Midhilapuri Vuda Layout, PM Palem, Visakhapatnam 530041
Novel Patent Service Pvt Ltd.